Darrel’s Philosophy and Approach
- God is a self-revealing God and desires to show himself to us in all incidences.
- The Holy Spirit is and is attempting to converse with us everyday.
- Human beings are easily distracted from God’s loving pursuit by the noise in their lives.
- Spiritual direction is a way to tune in to the activity of God and can be a very valuable tool in responding to Him.
I consider my role in spiritual direction to be your companion on the journey of growing in intimacy with God. Through our prayerful conversations I will give witness to God’s work in your life and encourage you to respond to His love.
- I will listen and keep what you share in confidence in accordance with the ethical standards of Spiritual Direction.
- I will keep us focused on your experience of God.
- I will pray with you and for you.
- I will suggest practices that help you cultivate a growing hunger and awareness of God presence in your life